Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dinner from my Helsing Junction Farms CSA Box: Week 1

I'm so excited that CSA delivery season has finally begun! This is my 3rd year of subscribing to Helsing Junction Farm's CSA program. They are a top-notch operation and I always look forward to the fresh, healthy, quality produce that I get from them.

The growing season here in Washington is a little slower to pick up pace than many other regions of the country. Here is what I was treated to in the first week's box:




And here is what I made for dinner, using the delicious rapini I got! This recipe is definitely a keeper, and made a nice easy weekday meal that we were able to eat alfresco thanks to the sun finally deciding to come out!

Pasta with Rapini, Roma Tomato, Olives, and Feta



-Boil 1 pound of penne pasta according to package directions.
-In the last 3 minutes the pasta has to cook, add 1 bunch of chopped rapini to the pot. 
-Stem and dice 4-5 Roma tomatoes.
-Pit and coarsely chop 12 Kalamata olives.
-Heat 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until very hot.
-Add the chopped olives and cook for 1 minute.
-Then add the drained pasta/rapini and gently stir.
-Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with ¼ cup crumbled chevre or feta cheese.

No comments: